A virtual employee is an employee who work for a company, although he or she is not present in the main office. This means that, in most of the cases, they work remotely from Thakur International. In fact, the term ´virtual´ refers to the location of the worker, whereas the person is real. This kind of employment is made possible by IT and communication technology and regards many kinds of positions, such as content writing, internet marketing, IT outsourcing, engineering or architecture, data entry and many more at Thakur International.
Advantages of hiring a virtual employee
After a brief presentation, let´s go in deep and see some features of virtual employment service at Thakur International. Hiring virtual workforce has many advantages and makes you:
- Cut the costs you would have hiring an in-house employee.
- Save money on office space.
- Focus on your core business giving parts of the duties to virtual workers.
- Choose among a large quantity of workers instead of limiting the recruitment to the local area.
- Hire a worker instead of entrusting freelancers, risking to hire unprofessional staff.
- Have less responsibilities, because a virtual employee is employed by an outsourcing company. That makes you not responsible for the hiring and all the issues.
Planning to hire a Virtual Employee ?
Thakur International offers Virtual Employee in Nepal Service for your small, middle or large-sized company. We offer several qualified employees for your duties in a wide range of fields:
- As stated before, one of the main advantages of virtual employment is that you are not limited to choose people from one area, but can hire employees from all over the world, selecting the most suitable ones. This also means that also the interviews have to be led virtually.
- Trust them: Normally, an employer should trust his or her employees in order to be able to deliver tasks and coordinate their work. This is also, and especially, true if it regards virtual employees. Due to the fact that you are working distantly and cannot have a day-to-day confrontation, you should trust each other in order to work effectively.
- The employees should be able to work autonomously, without a continuous and direct contact with their boss. You should let them know what you want and they should be able to complete the task efficiently.
- The virtual employees should have a clear idea of the company´s goals, in order to focus and help coworkers and bosses picturing the same achievements. That means that they should be motivated and responsible for themselves.
- Virtual employees should be able to work on their own, without seeking approval from coworkers and boss about what they do. They should have outstanding abilities in problem-solving tasks requiring little or any assistance.
- The perfect virtual employee is also disciplined. While an employer can easily check if people are really working at the office or just scrolling the Facebook homepage, controlling at the same degree someone who is working overseas is not possible. Therefore, an employer should hire people who can work and be proficient even without strict supervision.
- Remember that, even if a candidate seems to lack some of the qualities, he or she might just need training to become good employees. Do not give up on someone if you are convinced of their potential.
How do you manage your Virtual Employee?
Being the chief of a company which counts on virtual employees is not easy. However, as seen, the advantages are many and it´s definitely worth the struggle. Here are some tips you should use if you intend to hire one or more virtual employees for your company or organization.
- Set mid-term goals: Checking every employee´s work is hard to handle if they are not working at the office. For sure, you can´t check or ask them directly. That is why you should set mid-term goals to be respected and short deadlines to be met. Since you will not have direct contact so often, you will have to develop a well-structured strategy.
- Make the team collaborate: If the employees are not working in the same office, you should organize virtual (but also real) meetings in order to make them feel a team. Try to also use services such as Dropbox so that everybody is able to easily have access to shared documents, and to schedule plans on the internet using, for instance, Google Calendar.
- Set your weekly goals: Choose a day of the week to set your weekly goals and communicate with the team and let this event take place regularly. This will help the company or organization to stay focused and have a clear picture of the to-do list, every time.
- Pay the service: Since you cannot check if your employees are actually working or having a good time in front of the television, avoid paying them hourly. Paying them every time a project is complete makes their work go faster. This retribution system is, at least in this case, much more profitable and allows you not to worry too much of paying employees who might be doing something else during worktime.
- Give them feedback: Although it takes some time, have a look at what they are doing and give constructive indications about their work. This will help you achieve greater results in long and short term periods.
- Listen to them: Encourage them to talk to you about everything that might be not ok about their work. It is a way to improve their productivity, self-consciousness and it positively affects the working environment.
Now that you have a clearer idea about virtual employment, it is time to understand how to find the most suitable staff for your company and organization and hire your virtual employee at Thakur International in Nepal.
For more Virtual Employee information, please Contact us