Virtual Secretary for Australia
The number of our clients from Australia has a tendency of continuous growth. The factors that affect this phenomenon are numberless, but one of the most important is recommendation and praises that our present client-companies are spreading. Here is one of the Australian clients to whom we are recommended by one of our trusted clients.
Senior Manager of one division in this company expressed his concerns that he won’t be able to manage the big amount of work that was required from him. The volume of the job was growing very fast, so the threat of the potential chaos alarmed him to seek for the solution.
The first important thing worth sharing is the fact that speaks about company’s overload. The regular staff capacity already exceeded its limits- hiring new person was not the solution. The solution for senior manager’s control and organizational problems was not supposed to be an additional burden for the company. The virtual secretary service was an ideal solution.
The scope of the job that was assigned to this virtual secretary included:
- Keeping track of the job to be done by senior manager himself
- Runs manager’s calendar
- Preparing the agenda for the meeting
- Keeping record of the employee’s working hours and generating the monthly report
- Calculating employee’s salaries and other accounting issues
- Deals with the clients and customers when manager is unavailable
- Communicates with the stakeholders
Our client requested a virtual secretary that will have certain qualities and qualifications:
- Proficient in the English Language
- Skilled in performing managerial tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work on many platforms, including Microsoft Office Solutions
- Have experience with some of the CRM (Customer Relationship Management), HRM (Human Resource Management) and SCM (Supply Chain Management) systems.
- Have experience in marketing and digital marketing: SEO, SEM, SMM, and SMO.
The virtual secretary was requested to work with flexible working hours, whenever it needed. It needs to be able to cope with pressure and able to recognize the priorities. The service is presented as a long-term project, with no time limitation.
The Virtual Secretary Challenge
The project was supposed to be implemented at the end of 2015, but the company explicitly requested the solution as soon as possible. Setting up the virtual secretary service is not as easy as it seems. The first challenging step was extracting the most suitable candidate from the pool in very short period of time. We had to think about an effective method for candidate’s selection. We had no doubts in our candidate’s expertise but the problem was handling a large volume of job in short time period and work under pressure-urgency of matters and other burdens. In order to fulfill this requirement, we organized the test for our candidate. The test was simple, containing only 3 tricky questions about:
- Selection of priorities (Give up on something)
- Steps to-do in urgent situation (Think fast)
- Testing moral decisions (Moral doubts)
The idea behind the test was to measure the candidate’s psychological abilities. The test resulted in a candidate that serves this senior manager even today!
The Outcome of the Virtual Secretary Service Delivered
We are very satisfied with the outcome of this project because it showed us a new perspective on working under Australian conditions, where this market requires highly calculated individuals, ready to cope with the burden of high-volume jobs, in extraordinary work conditions.
On the other hand, the client’s benefits from this project can be seen in the stable growth process of the company, with no staff capacity shortage. The ongoing service has been marked as one of the best solutions that we ever provided to a client, but this won’t stop us, we continue to improve our services.