Cloud computing worth has reached $180 billion in 2019.
94% of companies use cloud technology for their business.
The facts say it all – the “Cloud” is a modern and powerful tool which appears millions of times across the internet. “Cloud computing” has become something of a standard term when discussing data storage on the internet. The increasing popularity of this term, as a result, has caused many to ask questions: what is cloud computing? How does cloud computing work? What are the benefits of cloud computing? In order to understand what’s cloud computing, let’s unwrap what exactly we are talking about.
What’s cloud computing ?
Firstly, to define cloud computing we have to understand what the word “Cloud” stands for. The word “Cloud” is used as a comparison for “The Internet”. The “Cloud” refers to the word “The Internet” and is often being described as a platform for storing virtual data. Cloud computing simply defines the delivery of computing services over the internet which include servers, storage, databases, networking, software and analytics. Using cloud computing services offers businesses not only faster innovation but also flexible resource storage and economies of scale. Another great benefit of the cloud is paying only for using the cloud service which helps to lower the operating costs and run business infrastructure more efficiently. Therefore, to explain it in a simple way, cloud computing service defines using the internet to access, store and organize files, software and media.
How does cloud computing work ?
Instead of owning their own data storage infrastructure or data centres, companies get the possibility to rent access to storage from a cloud service provider. The main benefit is the ownership of the storage. In this case, companies who use cloud computing service don’t have to pay for owning and maintaining a complicated IT infrastructure – it can be simply rented, installed and maintained by the cloud computing companies.
Types of Cloud Computing
Different types of cloud computing exist in the market so it can be suitable for everyone. Due to different types of business needs several models, types and services have been created to help the customers find the right solution. Accordingly, here are four different ways to use cloud services: on a public cloud, private cloud, multi-cloud, or hybrid cloud.
- Public cloud: These are the clouds that are owned and operated by third-party cloud service providers. Public cloud includes resources such as servers and storage on the internet. With a public cloud, all hardware, software, and other supporting infrastructure is maintained by the cloud provider.
- Private cloud: A private cloud is owned by a single business or organization. For the most part, a private cloud is physically located in the company’s on-site data centre and is maintained by assigned cloud-computing engineers.
- Multi-cloud: Multi-cloud can be described as a strategy that engages two or more cloud computing services. As a result, multi-cloud allows the business to select different cloud services or features which fit the business.
- Hybrid cloud:This type of cloud is a combination of public and private clouds. The main feature of the hybrid cloud is that the data and applications can be shared between the different clouds.
Types of cloud computing services
Cloud computing is a great way to store your data in the cloud and can be easily adapted to every kind of business, depending on its standard. Hence, there are three main models, based on the type of resources being delivered.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
This is the most simple and basic type of cloud computing services. IaaS includes renting an IT infrastructure such as servers, virtual machines, storage, operating systems, software or networking. The IT infrastructure is rented and maintained by a provider.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
It’s a cloud computing service which includes an on-demand environment for developing, testing, delivering and managing software applications. Due to it’s complexity, it gives the user the opportunity to run existing applications or develop new ones.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
This service can be described as a method for delivering software applications. Software as a Service is the final and evolutionary state of cloud computing services which is already created. For the most part, the main task for the user is simply managing the data, leads, analytics and communications.
Cloud computing benefits include:
- Accessible from anywhere: Applications and data storage are not tied to the device and are accessible from anywhere. Cloud computing allows you to be more flexible in the work practice. Consequently, you have the ability to access data from home, on holiday, or from work.
- Flexible: cloud-based software can be customized over and over again. Using cloud computing is easy to scale up the storage and make it more suitable for the business situation. Rather than buying expensive upgrades, cloud computing software’s capacity can be quickly adapted.
- Cost-effective: There is no need to invest in hardware and electricity. Cloud computing service is paid by a monthly fee.
- Reduced IT costs: It’s stress-free! Web-based software is constantly updated, maintained and fixed by cloud computing engineer.
- Fast: Cloud computing service is delivered through a global network which is constantly upgraded for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Secure and safe: Information is being kept safe and secure in the storage, with no possibility for anyone to access it. Security protocols and infrastructure are constantly analyzed and updated to address new threats.
Thakur International and Cloud Computing
Thakur International is a competitive and reliable company which will provide you with the best quality computing services for businesses of all sizes. Equipped with professional cloud computing engineers we will make sure you use the cloud in the most effective way possible. Certainly, we will make your business grow speedily.
Interested in Cloud Computing Services with Thakur International?